Information Technology Services
Facilities & Services is the largest administrative unit on the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign campus. F&S provides all physical plant, operational, and essential services for sustaining an environment that fosters the research, teaching, and public engagement activities of the university. The organization employs approximately 1,200 dedicated men and women serving in both Civil Service and Academic Professional positions. The F&S goal is to support the university's education, research, and outreach missions by improving the physical condition of the facilities and ground, reducing energy consumption through education and use of alternative fuel sources, and increasing customer satisfaction by providing quality services in a responsive, reliable, and customer-focused manner.
The Enterprise group provides support for Facilities and Services Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) referred to as AiM. This is the primary application and database providing mission critical support for all work orders, billing, purchasing, payroll and preventive maintenance.
Services provided are:
- AiM Application and support
- Business Intelligence
- Software Development
- Oracle Database Development
- Report Development
- Data Manipulation
- Special Data Requests
- Error Tracking and Resolution
- Second and Third Tier Support
The Infrastructure/Systems group maintains support of the networks, firewalls, servers and applications. There are over 200 networks making up the Facilities and Services network which extends across the entire University Urbana campus.
The Infrastructure/Systems group provides the following services:
- Build of Windows and Linux Servers as physical or virtual systems.
- Advise on installation and management of mission critical clustered services.
- Server procurement and replacement
- Security of IT infrastructure and Servers
- Critical application support
- MS SQL and Oracle Database support
- Virtual Machine creation with VMware
- Building IT security barriers with Firewalls
- Administration of cross-campus Storage Area Networks (SANs) in partnership with AEC.
- Co-Management of Network Switches
Tech Support/Help Desk
The User Services group, managed by Julia Hart, provides direct end user support (phone and e-mail) to 1,300-plus users across Facilities and Services. Phones are answered between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday. If calling outside those hours, please leave a message and we will address the issue as soon as possible. You may also email us at email@example.com. This will generate a ticket for us to track and resolve issues.
Major services of this group include:
- Single point of contact Service Desk (phone, e-mail, or service ticket)
- User Accounts
- Computer Consulting and Repair
- Build and deployment of Windows standardized systems
- IT security response and mitigation (e.g. security patching)
- Computer procurement and replacement
- Special equipment purchases (e.g. audio visual)
- Network printer support
- E-mail and tools consulting
- Application and installation support
- Mobile device support
- Special project consulting
- AiM support
- IT Asset Management